Infection Control Statement
We aim to keep our surgery clean and tidy and offer a safe environment to our patients and staff. We are proud of the heritage of our Grade 2 listed building and endeavour to keep it clean and well maintained at all times.
Your Infection Control Team are:
Dr Caroline Wright – GP Lead
Madeleine Hillman – Nurse Lead
Natalie Raven – HCA link
Our GPs and Nursing Team follow our Infection Control Policy to ensure the care we deliver and the equipment we use is safe.
We take additional measures to ensure we maintain the highest standards:
- Encourage staff and patients to raise any issues or report any incidents relating to cleanliness and infection control. We can discuss these and identify improvements we can make to avoid any future problems.
- An independent company carries out our annual infection control Audit to make sure our infection control procedures are working.
- Provide annual staff updates and training on cleanliness and infection control.
- Review our policies and procedures to make sure they are adequate and meet national guidance.
- Maintain the premises and equipment to a high standard within the available financial resources and ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to reduce or remove all infection risk.
- Use washable or disposable materials for items such as couch rolls, modesty curtains, floor coverings etc, and ensure that these are changed and available in line with local policy.
- Make alcohol hand rub gel available throughout the building.
If you have any concerns on cleanliness infection control in this practice you can raise it at reception or e-mail us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to read our infection control policy (DOCX, 36KB).